Take Off Program for Senior Civil Service 100 (or as TOP 100) is a medium- and long-term developmental training program with the goal to strengthen the performance of the trainees. TOP 100 began as a trial program in 2010. The training objects are mainly on civil servants ranking from the 10th to the 14th levels in the public sectors. Additionally, focusing on increasing the communication and interactions with private sectors and professionals from various industries, the program has made itself several training opportunities available for the persons from NGOs, NPOs, private businesses, and from colleges and universities. The training program is classified into three classes for Management Development Training (MDT), Leadership Development Training (LDT), and Strategy Development Training (SDT) respectively. The Goal Of Program
To discipline with excellent management, perspicacious leadership and democratic of policy senior civil servants, and to comprehend the significant policy of the nation, the vision of future development, and the capability of long-sighted on international trend of globalization that will do a good turn on enhancing and inspiriting the overall advantage competitiveness of the nation. The Target Audience And Trainee
- Management Development Training, aka MDT: The 11th grade, one possesses the highest level position of the national civil servant, or currently possesses the 10th position for two years. The total number of trainees is 35.
- Leadership Development Training, aka LDT: The 12th grade, one possesses the highest level position of the national civil servant. The total number of trainees is 25.
- Strategy Development Training, aka SDT: Either possesses the 13th or the 14th grade, judges and prosecutors are exclusive. The total number of trainees is 20.
The Technique And Expertise
This training program adopts the approach of Assessment Centers and provides the trainees with 360-degree feedback in order to help them recognize what improvement is needed to strengthen their working competency through feedbacks they receive from their supervisors, subordinates and peers. The training is divided into three stages as pre-training, in-training, and post-training:
- Pre-training (camp activity for building consensus): To help the trainees to fully understand the entire set of training activity and provide a platform for communication so that the trainees will gain a sense of participation of the training they are going to receive.
- In-training: This part of training covers 150 hours of courses offered domestically and internationally. The training will take a distributive format. Considering the participants for most of them are senior high-level civil servants who have excellent performance at their posts. Therefore, the design of training activities focuses on a problem-oriented content, experiential teaching, simulation training and seminars. Adopting multiple teaching methods such as case studies, role play simulation, adventure training and workshops. Moreover, the NACS works with domestic and foreign training institutes, universities, NPOs, and enterprises in the format of strategic alliance for more learning and exchange.
- Post-training: This part, aims at strengthening the cooperation capability and concerns of the high-ranking civil servants for the natural and cultural environments, by the ways of providing keynote speeches and experience-sharing, while improving their understanding on important national policies and visions for future development.
- General course, 50 hours.
- Core competency course, including 50 hours of domestic and 50 hours of foreign study programs. The total number of training hours is 100.
- Customized course, study hours from 0 to 30 hours.
- To operate the selection, and understand the gap of individual proficiency via the assessment center method.
- To adopt the acquisition and flexible course option to meet both needs of personal and public, and study abroad program is also arranged to extend the perspective of globalization.
- The modular course is led into the evaluation of occupational capability; the customized course is designed by selective result, and established the indicators of learning capability on each modular course.
- Expanding the teachers’ library, recruiting the lecturers in the fields of industry, government, and academic.
- Establishing the effective tracking system, processing the analysis of pre-training and post-training skills.
- To develop the learner-centered teaching technique to reach the application of multi-teaching.
- To strengthen the effectiveness of training, and to apply the recurring training.